Administrative Assistant-Office Manager Position
Northern Shores Community Development (NSCD) is a nonprofit lending institution providing capital and expertise to Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians. We offer several programs including Business loans, micro-lending, FARM loans, Energy Efficiency loans, Artisan loans and signature loans to LTBB, as well as several surrounding tribes.
NSCD is seeking an Administrative Assistant with duties including general office management and administrative support for other executives. The position is in Harbor Springs.
The Administrative Assistant / Office Manager is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director and FARM Director as well as liaison and oversight of office systems including IT, telecommunications, mail, etc. This person will perform duties to provide administrative support for any range of corporate office functions including scheduling and preparing for Board and Committee meetings, taking and transcribing minutes, organizing and distributing materials, maintaining files and assisting with computer user support.
• Schedule Board, Committee, and Management Team meetings on behalf of Executive Director and FARM Director. Communicate with invitees, compile, organize and issue materials as provided by others in preparation for meetings, arrange for meeting space, and order food and set up for meetings as required. Take and transcribe meeting minutes, ensure proper signing and maintain records of signed board and committee packages and minutes in keeping with requirements.
• Support ED administratively with special requests including research projects and other miscellaneous duties.
• Prepare and issue authorized communications to staff relating to policy and procedures or other notifications resulting from meetings. Conduct basic research as requested, reporting back to primary function heads, and conduct follow-up tasks relating to policies or other issues as requested.
• Provide administrative services for NSCD Board members and other volunteers, including producing and maintaining board member manual, assist board members with travel arrangements, and process travel reimbursements.
• Perform any range of administrative support for ED, BOARD CHAIRMAN, and FARM Director, as requested. Make travel arrangements, schedule meetings, maintain mailing lists, maintain files, issue group e-mails on their behalf and assist with technology to provide user support or prepare documents, presentations, and spreadsheets as required.
• Provide support for employment and on-boarding of new employees. Maintain lists of appropriate advertising sites and post job announcements as required. Schedule interviews with applicants. Coordinate and implement on-boarding procedures; order required office furniture, equipment, and supplies for new staff, coordinate with IT provider to arrange for computers and set up on the network.
• Order and maintain office supplies, ensure that copier and postage meter are supplied and remain operational.
• Provide for user support for individual computers, coordinating with IT provider as required.
• Answer and direct telephone calls as required and ensure that telephones and conference lines are in proper working order.
• Act as a liaison with outsourced IT consultant on all technology-related issues, including rapidly responding to staff problems and network outages.
• Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and as a relationship builder.
• Display excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests, vendors, and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm under pressure.
• Display engaging interpersonal skills including the ability to think and act strategically, provide sound judgment, and provide a positive and energetic attitude.
• Provide systematic and dependable follow-up, as well as a high level of organization and preparedness.
Other Duties May Include:
• Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
• Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Use personal computer and peripherals, network systems, standard and customized software applications and tools including MS Office Suite, TEA Software and usual office equipment.
• Time Management
• Decision Making
• Communication Proficiency
• Organization Skills
• Four years minimum experience as an Administrative Assistant/office manager in high-level administrative support role
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Friendly, outgoing demeanor
• Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
• Advanced Microsoft Outlook skills required
• Other computer skills including Adobe Acrobat, TEA software (will train), and Internet-based research
• Demonstrated ability to effectively handle confidential information
• Demonstrated ability to effectively handle new situations and determine what actions are required
• Highly developed sense of professional courtesy
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter which specifically outlines experience in the following:
In the e-mail subject line, please note you are responding to the Administrative Assistant/Office Manager position.
Northern Shores Community Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.