Energy Efficient Appliance Loans
ENERGY STAR Appliance Trade-In Program
Launched by Northern Shores Community Development (“NSCD”), in 2013, NSCD has provided over $95,000 to 39 people requesting loans. This is a community-based program for residents of our 33 county service area (listed below). This program provides an opportunity for residents to become more energy-efficient via an ENERGY STAR appliance trade-in program. (Maximum Loan Amount $2,500.00, including Extended Appliance Warranty Program)
BENEFITS OF ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED APPLIANCES
- LOWER UTILITY BILLS
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Refrigerators use up to 40% less energy than the conventional models sold in 2001 and at least 15% less energy than models built to current federal standards.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Dishwashers use at least 41% less energy than the federal minimum standard for energy consumption.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Clothes Washers use 40 to 50% less energy and about 15% less water than standard washers.
- IMPROVED QUALITY AND DURABILITY
- Energy efficient appliances often include quality components surpassing those found in standard appliances. These can result in fewer mechanical problems and longer equipment life
- ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
- ENERGY STAR appliances often outperform standard appliances due to improved design and advanced technologies. For instance, some include features that decrease operating noise, while others include technologies that reduce water use.
COUNTIES WE SERVE: Alcona, Alpena, Antrim, Arenac, Bay, Benzie, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Clare, Crawford, Emmet, Gladwin, Grand Traverse, Iosco, Isabella, Kalkaska, Lake Leelanau, Manistee, Mason, Mecosta, Midland, Missaukee, Montmorency, Newaygo, Oceana, Ogemaw, Osceola, Oscoda, Otsego, Presque Isle, Roscommon, and Wexford.
TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST:
- Have at least one year continuous employment
- Provide your most recent paystub(s)
- Provide a voided check, so that automatic payment deductions may be set up from your checking account
- Agree to have your old appliance(s) removed
- Purchase the Extended Coverage Warranty on the Appliance
- Provide a copy of Homeowners/Renters Insurance
Upon review, other restrictions may apply.
NSCD NON-DESCRIMINATION STATEMENT: Northern Shores Community Development, Inc. does not discriminate within its charter-defined Target Market in providing services to individuals or businesses on the basis of real or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, age, marital status, family status, or physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by federal or tribal laws. Northern Shores Community Development, Inc. reserve the right to give preference to low-income individuals in compliance with restrictions in certain federal, state, or foundation grants.
Northern Shores Community Development, Inc. reports to two major Credit Bureaus. This program is an excellent way to establish and/or improve your credit score!!
If you would like to speak with a representative from NSCD regarding this program, please call (231)347-6753 to schedule an appointment.